Skip to main content

I have 2 theft convictions in Canada. i was convicted and give 24 months suspense probation sentence in 2005

Jacksonville, FL |

i also have 1 possession of stolen property with time serve 1 day
can i get an exception 15 year waiver. i can get an approved i-130 thru my usc mother
does it matter if i get over 1 year is this not an agg felony. thanks

please note that i am not in the us.

Attorney Answers 5


You need to consult with an immigration attorney in the country you are in to seek answers to these questions. I assume you are in Canada. We have several lawyers who practice immigration law on this site. I will defer to their responses.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

25 lawyers agree


You need to ask an immigration attorney this question.

Mark as helpful

23 lawyers agree


You 'may' qualify for a waiver. To be certain you need to meet with a US-licensed immigration attorney and have him/her review your court papers. There are several in Canada, or many of us use Skype and location isn't important.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

25 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues.


Ardian Gjoka, Esq.
8613 Old Kings Rd. S.
Suite 601D
Jacksonville, FL 32217

Phone: 904.351.8749
Fax: 904.800.1102

Mark as helpful

14 lawyers agree


You may have three CIMT's.

An experienced immigration attorney will need to review the criminal records and determine whether you may qualify for a waiver.

Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
4110 Southpoint Boulevard
Suite 101
Jacksonville, Florida 32216

We are located across the street from the Department of homeland Security (USCIS)

(9040 296-7702

Mark as helpful

12 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics