I had two macaws shipped here and the airport wont give them to me they say i have to pay them a 1000 dollars first

Manitowoc, WI |

i ordered two macaws from cameroon and had the shipped up here and the person put insurance on them now the airport is trying to charge me 1000 dollars before they give me the birds and i was wondering what i can do about the airport and getting my birds

It is possible that the amount they are asking is an import tariff or some other type of government fee for bringing live animals into the country. You say the airport is trying to charge you, but is it Customs? I don't know enough from your post to give you more of an answer.

Customs will have to be satisfied.

I agree with my colleague. More details are necessary. And you have to act quickly because no one at the airport is going to be taking time to care for those birds.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might read my Legal Guide "Can An Attorney Really Help?"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one online can know what is going on in your case because online we cannot find out any details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

I agree with my colleagues - there is simply not enough info to answer your question, but you should get yourself down to the airport and do whatever you have to do to get the birds out of there.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business