I had to appear in front of a judge for a traffic violation the 2witnesses were sworn in but not me. Is that a mistrial?

Erie, PA |

The judge swore in the police officer and the other witness but not me. I was wondering if the case was a mistrial or even legitimate because I was not sworn in.

It probably was an over site but not a cause for a Mistrial. However, if you were found guilty, you can file a summary appeal and receive a brand new trial. It is suggested that you hire a criminal defense attorney to handle the appeal. Good luck.

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Keller's observations. Consider retaining a good attorney with experience handling traffic cases.

It also depends if you actually got to testify. I assume you did. Where you found guilty? If so, I suggest going for an appeal.

www.LegalPhilly.com
Michael Kotik, Esq.

Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from Legalphilly.com. The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | www.LegalPhilly.com | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102