I had to appear in front of a judge for a traffic violation the 2witnesses were sworn in but not me. Is that a mistrial?

Asked over 1 year ago - Erie, PA

The judge swore in the police officer and the other witness but not me. I was wondering if the case was a mistrial or even legitimate because I was not sworn in.

1. Robert C. Keller

2

Answered . It probably was an over site but not a cause for a Mistrial. However, if you were found guilty, you can file a summary appeal and receive a brand new trial. It is suggested that you hire a criminal defense attorney to handle the appeal. Good luck.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Keller's observations. Consider retaining a good attorney with experience handling traffic cases.

3. Michael Kotik

Pro

2

Answered . It also depends if you actually got to testify. I assume you did. Where you found guilty? If so, I suggest going for an appeal.

www.LegalPhilly.com
    Michael Kotik, Esq.