I had thyroid radiation in May '04 in PA, and have had medical problems & expenses every since them, which was not explained me.

Philadelphia, PA |

Had 1 blood test, saw a endocrinologist & he set up radiation treatment, claiming there were no side effects, "you may, not always, not have to take a pill". I called him the week before treatment with questions & he was on vacation. I told the radiologist, I was not sure if I wanted this done and he said "If not, you'll die". The following 3 mos. I lost all my taste buds, couldn't walk, my hair fell out, I became constipated, gained a substainial amount of weight. Now, I'm on pills every day for the rest of my life, have to see doctors & have blood tests done 2x's a year, gained about 50 pounds, can not eat over 1200 calories a day, I gain more weight. I'm not fully insured 80/20, so I have medical bills to pay ythe rest of my life. Before this, I had no problems. Do I have a case?

I was perfectly healthy before this, never had any problems. I also have other side effects, not listed above.

1. I am sorry to hear about your condition. Most importantly, you should know that there is a 2 year Statute of Limitations on Medical Malpractice claims. If you were aware of your injuries related to the treatment more than 2 years ago, then your claim is too late.

A physician is required to disclose to a patient all relevant potential side effects to the proposed treatment. In general, the patient signs a very comprehensive informed consent form that would cover those issues.

If you are not barred by the statute of limitations, you should consult promptly with a personal injury attorney.