I had T Bone accident and got injured. Seen the doctor on same day even i refused emergency on spot. having back and neck pain

San Francisco, CA |

missed few days work and on phisycal therapy .
How much i can ask for damages including mental and physical.

1. We'd need more information that you provide here before valuing your case, and it's probably too early to do that. For example we don't know how much you make in a day, so we can't value your claim for lost wages. We also don't know precisely what your injuries are or the treatments that will be needed.

Hopefully you have health coverage or have med pay benefits on your own auto policy. Get the treatment you need and when you have a chance, speak to some local attorneys and hire one - they'll value your case and get you more than you will get on your own.

2. Attorneys would need more information to provide a general response. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. You should schedule a consultation with a local personal injury attorney. It sounds like you have a serious case. Don't rely on a general response on this site when a consultation could analyze your entire situation.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

3. As the other attorneys who have already responded have indicated, you can't really get an answer to the question "how much I can ask for damages" on a forum like this. There are too many variables that need to be analyzed. What you need to do is find a personal injury attorney in your area to represent you in this matter. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to find someone in your area... Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. . That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

4. The only way to find out is to hire a local lawyer. Without details--the depth of which nobody could know without handling your case--there's no way to answer this.

5. You can ask for as much as you want - does not mean the insurance company is going to give it to you. Most of the larger insurance companies are going to do an evaluation of your injuries and then make you an offer within a range taking into consideration the specific factors of your situation. As an attorney, I will generally start out with a multiplier of my special/economic damages (medical bills, lost wages etc) and then negotiate from there. How much you settle for however is completely up to you the victim. You don't have to take what they are giving you, but that is a whole another issue.

6. IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE, YOU CAN ASK FOR YOUR LOST WAGES AND YOUR MEDICAL BILLS AND YOUR PAIN AND SUFFERING. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE , YOU CAN ASK ONLY FOR YOUR MEDICAL BILLS AND OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

7. There are many factors that go into evaluation "case value." It is impossible for anyone to tell you what the value of your case is without more facts than are presented here. I recommend you contact an attorney without delay.

I wish you well in dealing with these difficult circumstances.

8. I live and work in California and deal with accidents like yours, so I am happy to answer your question. The answer to your question is your gut instinct is right!! You should continue to seek treatment if you are in pain, but by yourself you're unlikely to get a high settlement... You should definitely hire an attorney to get the maximum amount possible. Regarding pain and suffering, you need to speak to an experienced attorney that can strategize your case. Just because you were in an accident doesn't mean you have pain and suffering, at least thats what the insurance companies think. Make no doubt about it you have a great case, but you need help from a professional. You are entitled to your medical bills being covered as well. You should be filing a claim, but you should do it through an attorney. Whenever someone makes a claim against an insurance company the insurance company usually gives you a very difficult time. I've seen insurance companies lie to their own insured before!

Do you feel that you are at the same medical condition that you were before the accident? As a basic premise I wouldn't handle your claim by yourself. The attorney you hire can likely refer you to a doctor, if you ask for one, who will see you with no upfront payment! I've done this many times to help my clients out. You should not wait a single day to hire a lawyer, we will advise you on the strategy of your case. There is no upfront cost to hire an attorney.

With a case like yours it seems like you have some good facts in order to get a high settlement, but your case definitely needs to be developed further to corroborate your story. The most important thing when building your case are: liability (were you at fault); how bad are your injuries to your body. A lot of these things sound like they are not complete yet in your case so its something that is worth hiring an attorney for in order to get a sense of whether you have a case and what the strategy would be for you to build a strong case! I've handled many of these cases in the San Francisco, CA area.

Its very possible that your case is worth more than the $$$ that the insurance company will offer you by yourself. Make your life easier and call an attorney today, you won't regret it. We give free consultations!

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference