Skip to main content

I had surgery for a tendon repair on one finger and now I haven't been able too bend or work with my other fingers what should I

Griffin, GA |

I went back to see the doctor he said I needed a second surgery but my pain level wasnt good enough right now to do another surgery so now he wants to put nerve blocks in my neck and do some physical therpry

Attorney Answers 8

  1. You need to consult a Workers' Compensation attorney and perhaps a better appreciation of your condition.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links:

  2. I recommend secure a second opinion. Also, I think you should secure the services of a lawyer.

    By providing this general answer, no attorney-client relationship has been established. This general answer is distributed for informational purposes only and it should not be construed as a substitution for legal advice.

  3. I agree with the other responses that you should obtain an attorney and get a second opinion regarding your injury.

    Jaret Spevak
    (404) 355-2688

  4. In my opinion, you need a WC atty. right away who can refer you to a competent MD for an immediate 2nd opinion before you do anything else.

    Disclaimer: This response is provided to you by attorney Robert G. Rothstein (404) 216-1422 for educational and informational purposes only.No attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.

  5. I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I am not quite sure why the doctor wants to do what he recommends, but I would talk to him to clarify why he is making this recommendation. You might be able to ask him to send you to another doctor for a second opinion if you are uncomfortable with the recommendation. An attorney can help you navigate a change of physician if that becomes necessary.

    Good luck.

    Tom Holder

  6. You need to retain an attorney.

    Darrell B. Reynolds Attorney and Counselor At Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway,
    Suite, D
    Decatur, Georgia. 30033

  7. If the doctor says you are not able to work, you should be entitled to weekly workers' compensation benefits. I would recommend you consult with a workers' compensation attorney to get your benefits started asap.
    Feel free to call for a free consultation.

    Laura Lanzisera
    (404) 262-0500

  8. A second opinion, and sitting down with a local workers compensation lawyer would be prudent

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics