I had stuff stolen from me, what kind of lawyer should I pursue to get this case moving along? (It's been 5-6 months)

Asked about 1 year ago - Hiram, OH

I filed a police report in November, was told that I should investigate to find my stuff, found most, filed another report because they know who did it (I suspect he wasn't alone) just heard from Police in March/April, was told to wait for letter in mail in regards to court date. (Checked county website, they show no charges for the suspect, still).

1. Malosack Berjis

1

Answered . You can contact a local civil litigation (or personal injury) attorney to pursue civil action against the individual(s) you believe stole your property. As for criminal action, you can try contacting the local district attorney's office, although there's a great likelihood it will not get you anywhere.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Sue for conversion if your evidence is strong.