Skip to main content

I had spine surgery twice, do to workers injury, now I have complications what do I do?

Sacramento, CA |

I have had two spine surgery's, the first was a fusion on C 4-C 6 on 2-16-2009 the second was a fusion on L 5- S 1 on 5-22-2010 By doctor P. Montasano in Sacramento Ca. since then I have had problems with my tendons (left side of body) my eye sight is going slowly, A broken screw in my L 5- S 1 fusion, pain in my hips and legs, headaches, grinding in my neck where fused, pain in my intestinal area, pain in my left testicular area, loose bladder, and more.
After surgery the hospital didn't remove the catheter when I was urinating past it and I ended up with a urinary infection really bad that they hospitalize me for three day and pounded me with all different antibiotics. Can't get help do to medical is through workers comp case.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You can have a local malpractice lawyer order your medical records and investigate.

  2. You may be able to receive additional workers compensation benefits. You may have a malpractice claim. What you need to do is to contact and consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

  3. This sounds like a very complcated situation. The broken screw in the fusion is not an indicator of malpractice. However, some of your other complications may be a basis for malpractice. There may be a statute of limitations issue given the date of the last surgery. I believe that California has a very short statute, but there may be a way to toll the period in this instance. You should immediately consult a malpractice lawyer in your area to determine if there is a basis for a lawsuit.

    David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

  4. You Should contact a Med-Mal attorney and also contact a workers' comp attorney for your work comp issues. if you need a referral for either use the Find a Lawyer tool or I would be happy to refer you to a good attorney in Sac,

    This is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is not legal advice, it is only legal information. You should consult an attorney if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics