I had put the wrong class of admission on I-130 petition for my wife and my 2 yr old son. How do I correct it?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am an LPR and waiting for decision on N400

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Write to the USCIS. Please see

    Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response... more
  2. Alejandro E. Garcia


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Send a letter to USCIS asking them to amend the incorrect part. Look for the I-130 receipt and send it to the USCIS address on there.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,454 answers this week

2,361 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,454 answers this week

2,361 attorneys answering