I had my marriage based green card interview and the officer approved my case. Haven't received my Green card yet? Any problem?

Asked about 2 years ago - Renton, WA

Recently i had my interview. Officer took our interview together and ask just couple of questions. The interview lasts only 15-20 minutes. I was charged with Theft 3 charge( WHICH WAS DISMISSED in 2011) and with loitering of Prostitution( It is on a continuance status right now and the court give me some community work to do and will be dismissed in November). The officer didn't ask for any documents at that time even though i have the dispositions for both the cases. At the end, he says he read about my case a little while ago and he had no problem approving the case. He mentioned i should receive my green card in 3-4 weeks. After 2 days of my interview, i received the letter to provide court documents for loitering of Prostitution case. I submitted but have not received any response.

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

3

Answered . There is no way to tell -- you will just have to be patient. Obviously, the prostitution charge may be a problem or else they would have not asked for further documentation.

2. Lisa Ellen Seifert

Pro

1

Answered . Anyone who has a conviction and active probation should really see an immigration lawyer before providing any more information to immigration. It may lead to a bad result. The officer you saw said he (or she) would recommend approval... but already that is not happening. Please contact our firm or another experienced immigration attorney who has experience with this immigration office.

This is general advice, and does not constitute an attorney client relationship.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Patience is both a virtue ...and necessary.

You should meet with an attorney ... especially since you are basically on a type of probation.

4. Lynne Rogers Feldman

1

Answered . Cases with criminal records usually take longer to adjudicate and are typically handled by a Supervisor. Just keep following up every couple of weeks by calling the Customer Service number.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law