Skip to main content

I had my marriage based green card interview and the officer approved my case. Haven't received my Green card yet? Any problem?

Renton, WA |

Recently i had my interview. Officer took our interview together and ask just couple of questions. The interview lasts only 15-20 minutes. I was charged with Theft 3 charge( WHICH WAS DISMISSED in 2011) and with loitering of Prostitution( It is on a continuance status right now and the court give me some community work to do and will be dismissed in November). The officer didn't ask for any documents at that time even though i have the dispositions for both the cases. At the end, he says he read about my case a little while ago and he had no problem approving the case. He mentioned i should receive my green card in 3-4 weeks. After 2 days of my interview, i received the letter to provide court documents for loitering of Prostitution case. I submitted but have not received any response.

Attorney Answers 4


There is no way to tell -- you will just have to be patient. Obviously, the prostitution charge may be a problem or else they would have not asked for further documentation.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

1 comment



Do you think they ask for prostiution charge because the case is not dismissed completely. I have completed the community work though and submitted that with the document too. Also it's been only 2 weeks from the time i have sent my court documents!


Patience is both a virtue ...and necessary.

You should meet with an attorney ... especially since you are basically on a type of probation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Cases with criminal records usually take longer to adjudicate and are typically handled by a Supervisor. Just keep following up every couple of weeks by calling the Customer Service number.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Anyone who has a conviction and active probation should really see an immigration lawyer before providing any more information to immigration. It may lead to a bad result. The officer you saw said he (or she) would recommend approval... but already that is not happening. Please contact our firm or another experienced immigration attorney who has experience with this immigration office.

This is general advice, and does not constitute an attorney client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics