I had my marriage based green card interview . The officer took my I94 card and didn't stamp my passport. what I'm expecting?

Falls Church, VA |

The officer gave me a letter says:
Your case is being held for review. At this time, USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you. Should further information or documents be required, you will receive a notice in the mail. We may also schedule you another interview at some point. Otherwise, a final decision will be mailed once your case is complete.

Attention: My wife gave her ex husband a green card before 2 years !!! She got the divorce before applying for permanent residency I entered the US on B1 visa as a tourist on Sep 11, 2011.

These are he standrd procedure at teh interview. It is predict the decision without knowing all the details of your case. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
13295 Illinois st ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174
www.haranlaw.com

We can't really predict since we weren't present at your interview. But, I want to venture and say that the officer wasn't too convinced of the bona fides of your marriage and USCIS will likely conduct further investigations. Don't be surprised to get a surprise visit in the middle of the night to make sure you and your spouse live together. Good luck.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

Attention: My wife gave her ex husband a green card before 2 years !!! She got the divorce before applying for permanent residency

If the officer was not satisfied, you will be interviewed again separately. I strongly recommend hiring an attorney to represent you at the second interview should this happen. You need another person on your team who can make sure that you will be asked consistent questions.

I think she was satisfied. Attention: My wife gave her ex husband a green card before 2 years !!! She got the divorce before applying for permanent residency

If your interview was in Fairfax, the officer is likely going to pull your wife's ex-husband's file and scrutinize it to the core. You may receive another interview notice and/or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) letter stating all the problems that require a response. Obtaining counsel would be wise.

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics