I had my leg broken by an apt complex security guard. Who had placed me under arrest for public intox.

Asked 6 months ago - Tulsa, OK

I was tackled while handcuffed, breaking my leg. He claimed I was trying to assault him or escape. The police took me to e.r. after they arrived. I did not assault him or try to escape. I was not arrested. Exactly what type of case is this and and any information that will benefit me concerning this matter.

1. David Herman Hirsch

5

Answered . Arguably the security guard used excessive force under the circumstances, but a lot of facts would need to be evaluated and if you were intoxicated that is obviously a significant factor. Were there witnesses to what occurred? In any event, you certainly should consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you who can investigate and give you guidance as to how to proceed. Personal injury attorneys typically handle cases on a contingency fee basis and give free consultations. Use the Find a Lawyer tab on Avvo to find one in your area. Best of luck to you...

THESE COMMENTS MUST NOT BE CONSIDERED LEGAL ADVICE. Comments made on websites such as Avvo.com are provided for information purposes only, and you should not base a decision to act or refrain from acting based upon this answer. The only way to determine how the law may apply to your particular situation is to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. That relationship is established by the execution of a written agreement for legal services. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

2. Kevin H. Pate

3

Answered . Yes you should consult with a personal injury counsel. You can use the Find a Lawyer feature here at Avvo or search in your area using Google, Bing or other provider of your choosing.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . You should consult with an experienced OK personal injury attorney to determine if you have any options.

Pro

3

Answered . Sounds like excessive force by the rent-a-cop, so have a local personal injury lawyer investigate a claim against the complex.