I had my Identity stolen. What do i do next?

Santa Clarita, CA |

I live in L.A. County. An identity theft got my social security number, driver's license, and email address. I've already had the 3 credit bureaus flag my SSN, filed a police report, and will get a new driver's license #. They opened up a business name under my name and I can't seem to find out how to get rid of it because I don't know where they filed that business name. I've always had credit monitoring service and decided to sign up for checking account monitoring thru after finding out that they opened up 3 small business checking account under my name at Bank of America. I had Bank of America delete it. So what else can I do?

Get in touch with Robert Stempler, Bob Brennan or Stephanie Tatar in your area. All excellent attorneys who are likely to help.

As a California Attorney and one of the very few that are Fraud Examiners ( CFE member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) I can help you with this problem.
Http:// for consultation

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.

Athina Karamanlis Powers

Athina Karamanlis Powers

1.You should place a fraud alert with the three major credit report companies (this is free). (the initial fraud alert is valid for 90 days thus you need to renew that fraud alert after 90 days) 2.Order credit reports 3.Create an Identity theft report Submit a report about the theft to the FTC. When you finish writing all the details, print a copy of the report. It will be called an Identity Theft Affidavit. Bring your FTC Identity Theft Affidavit when you file a police report. File a police report about the identity theft, and get a copy of the police report or the report number. Your FTC Identity Theft Affidavit and your police report make an Identity Theft Report. 4.Place extended fraud alerts. You can request from credit bureau to place fraud alerts in writing and attach to each request a copy of your FTC Identity Theft Affidavit. 5. Place credit Freeze. Contact State Attorney General Office in your state. Ask if there is a fee to put a Freeze in your credit and for how long that freeze will be placed Contact the three major credit bureaus-State in writing that you are a victim of ID theft and request to put a credit freeze. Some states require the payment of a fee. KEEP DETAILED RECORDS PUT EVERYTHING IN WRITING AND DO NOT FORGET TO KEEP A DETAILED CALENDAR FOR THE ABOVE.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt