Skip to main content

I had my Identity stolen. What do i do next?

Santa Clarita, CA |

I live in L.A. County. An identity theft got my social security number, driver's license, and email address. I've already had the 3 credit bureaus flag my SSN, filed a police report, and will get a new driver's license #. They opened up a business name under my name and I can't seem to find out how to get rid of it because I don't know where they filed that business name. I've always had credit monitoring service and decided to sign up for checking account monitoring thru after finding out that they opened up 3 small business checking account under my name at Bank of America. I had Bank of America delete it. So what else can I do?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Get in touch with Robert Stempler, Bob Brennan or Stephanie Tatar in your area. All excellent attorneys who are likely to help.

  2. As a California Attorney and one of the very few that are Fraud Examiners ( CFE member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) I can help you with this problem.
    Http:// for consultation

    Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics