Skip to main content

I had my husband served divorce papers and it wad the wrong address. Then I heard from him and he gave me the right address

Warwick, RI |
Filed under: Divorce

The problem is , my court date is March 25 and he said he was nit going to respond because we have not been together in ten years just wondering if it will be an issur with the court date being less then the thrity days what do I do from there

Attorney Answers 2


Have him served immediately, and it should not be an issue. Because he has 20 days to answer upon being served, the court may continue your case if he is given less than 20 days. The sheriff will give you proof of service once he is served.

Heitke Law Office, LLC (401) 454-4100 -- -- Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy Answers to posted questions are for purely informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is established by virtue of any answer posted by the attorney. In order to provide proper legal advice, a consultation is required. Contact Heitke Law Office for a consultation today.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


1 When you say you had him served, do you mean that the constable found him and got him the papers, If so, they can simply note the address at which he was served. If he is served in hand, he is served, and you are done. 2 If you mean they went to the wrong address and DIDNT give him the papers, or just left them there, you should serve him at the right address.

The response to questions on-line does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with a lawyer in your jurisdiction before making legal decisions.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics