I had my disability hearing 2 1/2 weeks ago. The judge only asked the VE what level my job was classified. Is this bad or good?

Kingsport, TN |

I have bipolar disorder, depression, facet arthropathy. degenerative disk disease, a form of spina bifida, and a vertabra has fell down in front of another. My attorney asked majority of questions. I think the judge only asked 3 questions.

This is an explanation your own attorney is best prepared to provide. Don't hesitate to ask him or her.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

I agree. Ask your lawyer. There is too much information missing for us to answer here, and the info we need should not be posted on a public forum like this.

best of luck to you.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Assuming your hearing was in Kingsport, it most likely means the judge had already determined at what level he felt like you were able to perform physically. I agree you should ask your attorney, since he/she would have the surrounding details of the hearing and case. Generally the ALJ will, at a minimum, ask the VE to classify the positions previously performed at a gainful level and also ask them whether you could still perform those positions, but not always. Sometimes they will determine whether you could still do that position on their own. It is likely an indication that he has determined you will not be able to do "other" work but not necessarily that you cannot do your old job. Again, ask your lawyer.

If this answer is "helpful" to you, please indicate so. If it is the "best answer" you receive, please indicate that also. Disclaimer: This answer sets up no attorney/client relationship. The information provided here is done so as general information only and is not intended as legal advice.

Ask your lawyer and good luck.

If you would like a consultation, call (865) 522-9000 to make an appointment. The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Social security topics

Recommended articles about Social security