I had my disability hearing 2 1/2 weeks ago. The judge only asked the VE what level my job was classified. Is this bad or good?

Asked about 1 year ago - Kingsport, TN

I have bipolar disorder, depression, facet arthropathy. degenerative disk disease, a form of spina bifida, and a vertabra has fell down in front of another. My attorney asked majority of questions. I think the judge only asked 3 questions.

1. Kristina Street Hatcher

6

Answered . Assuming your hearing was in Kingsport, it most likely means the judge had already determined at what level he felt like you were able to perform physically. I agree you should ask your attorney, since he/she would have the surrounding details of the hearing and case. Generally the ALJ will, at a minimum, ask the VE to classify the positions previously performed at a gainful level and also ask them whether you could still perform those positions, but not always. Sometimes they will determine whether you could still do that position on their own. It is likely an indication that he has determined you will not be able to do "other" work but not necessarily that you cannot do your old job. Again, ask your lawyer.

2. Clifford Michael Farrell

6

Answered . I agree. Ask your lawyer. There is too much information missing for us to answer here, and the info we need should not be posted on a public forum like this.

best of luck to you.

3. Paula Brown Sinclair

5

Answered . This is an explanation your own attorney is best prepared to provide. Don't hesitate to ask him or her.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.
  4. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

2

Answered . Ask your lawyer and good luck.