I had my bio-metrics taken almost 4 months ago (deferred action)

Flowery Branch, GA |

I had my bio-metrics taken on 11/27/2012, its been almost 4 months and i have not received an approval letter yet. Most of the people i know have gone after me and have received everything already. I checked online and it says my case is under "initial review." Is my case taking too long?

1. No, that's not too long (at least not for USCIS, but I know you'd like an answer soon!). Four months is the average, so that means 1/2 of the cases take longer than that. Recently, USCIS transferred some cases between offices, so I'm hopeful that more cases will be decided in a more efficient manner. If it gets to be over six months, you may want to contact an attorney to see what your options are for inquiring about your case.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. As USCIS has not provided estimated processing times for DACA, it is not possible to know whether or not your case is taking too long.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.