Skip to main content

I had make formal complaint with Calif Contractors Board and at the final stage to collect form Surety Co but need sue for $ K

Fullerton, CA |

Can a lawyer help me sue the remainder $8370. from this contractor? What is the lawyers fee?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Recommend you contact the CA State Bar and request a referral or use the avvo 'find a lawyer' option. Unfortunately this Q & A website makes a poor classifieds ad.

FWIW, fees vary widley based on the complexity of the case, the experience of the lawyer, and the total amounty involved.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.


In order for any lawyer to determine whether or not they could assist you in pursuing your case, they would need to know all the facts. Thus, you would need to contact a local attorney, who, preferably, deals with cases like yours. (See Mr. Rafter's advice on how to find a lawyer.) And, as for what the lawyer's fees would be, you would need to ask the particular lawyer(s) you consult with how much they charge. Just remember that attorney's fees usually vary from attorney to attorney.


This amount is under the minimum for collecting by suit in small claims court, and it is likely that this amount does not justify the costs of a civil suit other than in small claims court. But it may be important for you to consult with an attorney to determine whether this is the full amount for which you can make a sound claim for. In many cases against contractors, there are multiple claims that can be made and there may be penalties available under some claims.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer