I had Lap Band surgery and it has came apart twice. Manufacture fault. Could this be a case to sue the Company?

Asked over 3 years ago - Huntington, WV

The tube has came apart from the port TWICE now. This is the manufacture fault. Nothing that my doctor or I have done could cause this. We asked them to pay for the second repair, and they said they dont feel like it is thier fault.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If there was a defective lap band, a defective product attorney can help. Call one for a free consultation.

    Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click... more
  2. Robert Anthony Herking

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Based on the limited facts, I would recommend you speak with an attorney licensed in the state where you had the surgery performed, as soon as possible. Product liability cases take time and money to develop, and the statute of limitations in the state you are in may limit your ability to sue if not properly observed. Not bringing an action within the time of the statute of limitations may prevent you from ever bring a suit to recover adequately for your damages.

    By answering, no attorney-client relationship is established. The answer provided is for information purposes. A... more
  3. Jordan Lee Margolis

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You should definitely have an experienced Product Liability Attorney review your medical records and research this product to investigate whether others have similarly failed

    Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the thumbs-up icon below.... more
  4. Michael Ian Rott


    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . This company's defective product might be the subject of a class action lawsuit. Do a Google search to find out. If so, you can contact the class counsel's law firm or website for a claim form to submit.

    If not, obtain a complete copy of your medical records and seek out a lawyer, who specializes in this area.

    Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,473 answers this week

2,594 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,473 answers this week

2,594 attorneys answering