I had Lap Band surgery and it has came apart twice. Manufacture fault. Could this be a case to sue the Company?

Huntington, WV |

The tube has came apart from the port TWICE now. This is the manufacture fault. Nothing that my doctor or I have done could cause this. We asked them to pay for the second repair, and they said they dont feel like it is thier fault.

Based on the limited facts, I would recommend you speak with an attorney licensed in the state where you had the surgery performed, as soon as possible. Product liability cases take time and money to develop, and the statute of limitations in the state you are in may limit your ability to sue if not properly observed. Not bringing an action within the time of the statute of limitations may prevent you from ever bring a suit to recover adequately for your damages.

By answering, no attorney-client relationship is established. The answer provided is for information purposes. A detailed review of the medical records and a discussion with the questioner is needed as soon as possible to accurately determine whether or not a claim is viable. You should contact an attorney directly to obtain a definitive opinion regarding your question.

You should definitely have an experienced Product Liability Attorney review your medical records and research this product to investigate whether others have similarly failed

Legal Disclaimer: If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the thumbs-up icon below. Mr. Margolis is licensed to practice law in Illinois. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. You may contact the writer with these links: jmargolis@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com When an accident changes your life, we pursue justice for you.

If there was a defective lap band, a defective product attorney can help. Call one for a free consultation.

Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

This company's defective product might be the subject of a class action lawsuit. Do a Google search to find out. If so, you can contact the class counsel's law firm or website for a claim form to submit.

If not, obtain a complete copy of your medical records and seek out a lawyer, who specializes in this area.

Please be advised that the advice provided does not create any attorney/client relationship; that due to the various state laws that the information provided is a general overview of work comp law, which might not be applicable to you, based upon the laws of your state. We will not file anything on your behalf nor protect any statute of limitations which might arise and recommend that you IMMEDIATELY consult legal counsel for advice.