I had Lap Band surgery and it has came apart twice. Manufacture fault. Could this be a case to sue the Company?

Asked over 3 years ago - Huntington, WV

The tube has came apart from the port TWICE now. This is the manufacture fault. Nothing that my doctor or I have done could cause this. We asked them to pay for the second repair, and they said they dont feel like it is thier fault.

Pro

1

Answered . If there was a defective lap band, a defective product attorney can help. Call one for a free consultation.

2. Robert Anthony Herking

Answered . Based on the limited facts, I would recommend you speak with an attorney licensed in the state where you had the surgery performed, as soon as possible. Product liability cases take time and money to develop, and the statute of limitations in the state you are in may limit your ability to sue if not properly observed. Not bringing an action within the time of the statute of limitations may prevent you from ever bring a suit to recover adequately for your damages.

3. Jordan Lee Margolis

Answered . You should definitely have an experienced Product Liability Attorney review your medical records and research this product to investigate whether others have similarly failed

4. Michael Ian Rott

Pro

Answered . This company's defective product might be the subject of a class action lawsuit. Do a Google search to find out. If so, you can contact the class counsel's law firm or website for a claim form to submit.

If not, obtain a complete copy of your medical records and seek out a lawyer, who specializes in this area.