I had just ate raw Orange chicken at a HomeTown buffet

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I just recently went to a hometown buffet and ate a raw piece of raw chicken. . I showed a employee and she ran and took it to her manager.. The female manager appolygies and gave me a kids eat free Valtures.. I ended up in the ER with migraines stomach pains diarrhea vomiting.. My blood pressure blow up to 225/90. I was soo sick. I just went to Urgent care yesterday.. Still having migraines and stoumach pains.. I am getting alittle better now.. So how do I do a law suit if the took my evedence?

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

13

Answered . Proofing a case without the key piece of evidence may present an obstacle. Always maintain your evidence. The fact that you went for immediate urgent care should eliminate the issue. Your main hurdle as far as legal representation will likely be your injury.; which fortunately will likely pass. Do consult with local and qualified counsel. Feel better.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

13

Answered . Talk to a personal injury attorney about the situation.

3. Andrew Daniel Myers

13

Answered . Keep the receipt. Too bad you likely did not retain the evidence. Report to the local health department. As far as case value, fortunately you will likely recover quickly. I'm not going to ask how you could eat more than a half of a bite of raw chicken, but their insurance company will. Emotional distress? Here's more: BLUE LINK BELOW

4. Joseph Torri

9

Answered . You should consult with a personal injury attorney for a complete analysis of your situation. Posts on this site make it difficult to give you a detailed answer. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. The attorney can get into the details of the case. Sometimes cases can be settled out of court. If the case proceeds to trial, a skilled attorney can determine how to prove the case. The attorney should have an idea if the case can proceed once a complete analysis has been conducted.

Pro

10

Answered . I'd stay away from buffets. They are typically not sanitary, and people tend to eat larger portions than they should, which is not healthy.

6. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian

7

Answered . The pathogen (the bug that made you sick) might be detected I n your stool or vomitus, so you may wish to preserve a sample for testing if you are serious about taking this case forward. The ER report may also be helpful as might be the manager's refusal (if she refused) to give your raw chicken sample back. Contact a food safety attorney for best results.

7. Albert Lee Crosner

6

Answered . Assuming you do get well from the raw chicken, you could pursue a Small Claims action.

8. Justin Gregory Reden

2

1

Answered . You don't necessarily need the raw chicken to prove that fact. You can draw upon other evidence to prove it such as your own testimony, the testimony of those at the restaurant that responded to you, your receipt, your kid's testimony, and your medical records.

One or more answers have been taken down.