Skip to main content

I had just ate raw Orange chicken at a HomeTown buffet

San Diego, CA |

I just recently went to a hometown buffet and ate a raw piece of raw chicken. . I showed a employee and she ran and took it to her manager.. The female manager appolygies and gave me a kids eat free Valtures.. I ended up in the ER with migraines stomach pains diarrhea vomiting.. My blood pressure blow up to 225/90. I was soo sick. I just went to Urgent care yesterday.. Still having migraines and stoumach pains.. I am getting alittle better now.. So how do I do a law suit if the took my evedence?

Attorney Answers 8

  1. Proofing a case without the key piece of evidence may present an obstacle. Always maintain your evidence. The fact that you went for immediate urgent care should eliminate the issue. Your main hurdle as far as legal representation will likely be your injury.; which fortunately will likely pass. Do consult with local and qualified counsel. Feel better.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

  2. Talk to a personal injury attorney about the situation.

    In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

  3. Keep the receipt. Too bad you likely did not retain the evidence. Report to the local health department. As far as case value, fortunately you will likely recover quickly. I'm not going to ask how you could eat more than a half of a bite of raw chicken, but their insurance company will. Emotional distress? Here's more: BLUE LINK BELOW

    Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

  4. I'd stay away from buffets. They are typically not sanitary, and people tend to eat larger portions than they should, which is not healthy.

  5. You should consult with a personal injury attorney for a complete analysis of your situation. Posts on this site make it difficult to give you a detailed answer. Most personal injury attorneys offer a free consultation. The attorney can get into the details of the case. Sometimes cases can be settled out of court. If the case proceeds to trial, a skilled attorney can determine how to prove the case. The attorney should have an idea if the case can proceed once a complete analysis has been conducted.

    This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

  6. The pathogen (the bug that made you sick) might be detected I n your stool or vomitus, so you may wish to preserve a sample for testing if you are serious about taking this case forward. The ER report may also be helpful as might be the manager's refusal (if she refused) to give your raw chicken sample back. Contact a food safety attorney for best results.

    California attorney Sarkis Jacob Babachanian handles criminal defense, personal injury, civil litigation and bankruptcy (ch. 7) matters in the greater Los Angeles area. To discuss possible representation, feel free to phone Mr. Babachanian at 818-500-0678 or email him at The information provided is as a public courtesy only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Only a formal written agreement establishes an attorney-client relationship. In criminal cases, speak with nobody except privately with an attorney about your case facts. In personal injury cases, all cases are governed by statutes of limitation which create deadlines to bring your case, and if you miss the deadline(s) you risk forever losing your rights.

  7. Assuming you do get well from the raw chicken, you could pursue a Small Claims action.

    Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

  8. You don't necessarily need the raw chicken to prove that fact. You can draw upon other evidence to prove it such as your own testimony, the testimony of those at the restaurant that responded to you, your receipt, your kid's testimony, and your medical records.