I had H1B approved before entering US in H4 Visa. Can I file change of status to H1B within 30 days of entering to USA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Richmond, CA

I was in US in F1 visa and applied H1B. H1B approved without change of status, so had to go to home country for visa stamping. While h1b stamping decision is pending for more than a month at US consulate, my wife got sick in US as she is pregnant and had to withdraw H1b application from US consulate and applied H4 on wife's H1b and came to US. As my H1b was approved already and I am on cap exempt, if any employer is ready to file H1b now, then can I file my change of status from H4 to H1b within 30 days of entering to US? Or I have to wait till 60 days as it is going to be visa fraud 30/60/90-day Rule? Please advise!

Thank you!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Mr. Fararri has hit the nail on the head. Only employes file H1Bs.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Your employer should pose this question to this immigration lawyer who prepared your H-1B petition.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Can you file? No. H-1Bs are filed by employers.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.