I had car accident last months want to know settlement process below i add brief description of my case.

Asked about 2 years ago - Austin, TX

Hi I had a accident last month one drunken driver wrecked my car from behind my car was totaled. i was in hospital for 3 days i have fractured ribs, 11 stitches on my right legs, internal injury in my abdominal and i have wounds in my left leg and back so far my hospital bill is $50k. Can someone please suggest me how much amount should i need to ask for final settlement.

1. Timothy J. O'Hare

3

Answered . So sorry to hear about your situation. You have been through a lot. I hope your recovery goes as smmothly as possible.

On this next point, I cannot emphasize this enough: whether it is my law firm or another, you absolutely must contact a lawyer. There are so many traps, pitfalls, nuances and issues to deal with, most of which you are completely unaware of, that trying to do this without a lawyer is no different than trying to treat your injuries without seeing a doctor.

I encourage you to contact someone immediately. No one can give you better adice than this.

If we can help, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Tim O'Hare
    www.oharelawfirm.com
    888-960-0020

2. Robert C. Slim

3

Answered . There are so many factors that go into the value of a personal injury case. Of course, the severity of the accident and injuries and relevant factors, as well as the fact that the other driver was drunk. Other factors include the amount of your recoverable medical expenses, the amounts that have to be reimbursed to any health insurance carrier, lost wages, the jurisdiction of the accident, etc.... The value of a case is not a derived from a mathematical formula and is not necessarily constant. The value of a case can even fluctuate depending on how the case is investigated and prepared.

My advice to you is to seek the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer. I would not suggest that you handle this matter yourself. There are way too many tricks and traps you have to avoid. Otherwise, you run the risk of causing irreparable harm to your case that would hurt your chances of getting the proper legal help in the future should you decide that you need a lawyer.

3. Jeffrey Mark Adams

4

Answered . You have been seriously injured, why you have not contacted a local and qualified personal injury attorney is disturbing to me. This is a regrettable and unnecessary error that frequently occurs. The insurance company you are opposing is probably a multi-billion dollar conglomerate with professionals well versed in protecting them. To be blunt, I assume that doctors have carried for you, that a mechanic will fix your vehicle (if not totalled), that you call a "professional" for life's other major issues. Why not protect yourself now. Be wise and safe. Most people net out well ahead when they use a lawyer. Good luck.

4. S. David Rosenthal Esquire

Pro

4

Answered . No none can suggest to you how much your settlement should be based on the information provided here. Your claim consists of all past and future medical expenses, lost income and pain and suffering. You suffered serious injuries and you have a substantial claim for damages. However, a proper evaluation of the total damages you are entitled to would require review of the medical records, understanding of your residual problems and need for ongoing medical care, lost income, change in quality of life, etc.

Another variable is the amount of insurance the drunk driver had. If he was working for UPS at the time, then there will not be an issue of limited insurance. On the other hand, if this was a private individual, this is likely a "policy limit" case, meaning the insurance company pays the full amount of liability coverage purchased by the responsible party in exchange for a release of all claims. It's essential that you investigate all avenues of recovery and get proof from the insurance company of the alleged policy limit.

You need to consult a personal injury attorney to review the facts and let you know what your options are. Again you have a significant claim and a professional opinion is essential before making any settlement decisions.

5. Brian Augustus Beckcom

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous poster. You should contact an attorney. A good Board Certified Attorney can give you a much better idea of an appropriate settlement amount.

Feel free to call us if you want a free confidential case review. 877.724.7800. www.vbattorneys.com.

-BB

6. Sheldon S Saints

Pro

2

Answered . It is way too early to value your claim. The value will be based in part on how much care you will in total. You may need some long term care or physical therapy. As soon as you are able, you should meet with a personal injury attorney form your area. Over time, they will obtain all pertinent medical records, police report and other related information, and when you have reached maximum medical improvement, they will discuss case value with you and the amount of the demand for settlement. Whatever you do, do not attempt to negotiate your claim without seeking legal advice first! Good luck.

Pro

2

Answered . There is no way to know from a posting, and would need to evaluate all the facts and circumstances. Don't try to speak to the insurance company without a lawyer or you could sabotage your case permanently.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Only 29% fee deducted.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com