Skip to main content

I had applied for a second extension on my tourist visa it got denied cause my lawyer did not submit supporting docs.

Hicksville, NY |

hello i applied for an second extension on a visitor visa and it was denied cause my lawyer did not submit proper supporting documents..i have very little time to do something or else i will go pls if you can guide me what to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


There is nothing you can really do. If your lawyer is truly to blame, then this is the proof for you that "cheap" is in reality very expensive.. I suggest you leave the country, remain at home for a while, then attempt to come back again and maybe find an employer to sponsor you or open/purchase a business? Just a few ideas. Maybe even buy a ring to your sweetheart (hoping she is USC) marry her?

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar


In my office we take B visa extensions very seriously and document those almost like for a court case: with a list of exhibits including an itinerary of travel; etc.; etc; By the time the file is complete, it looks like an Appeal.. On the other hand, I hear that other lawyers just fill out Form I-539 and send it with one or two documents...


Speak to your lawyer and seek a second or third opinion regarding your visa options. Do not fall into the trap of staying without authorization. If you are not barred from returning, you should also be open to the idea of rectifying your situation by exiting and coming back with the appropriate visa.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


You should speak with an experienced immigration attorney regarding your options BEFORE you fall out of status. Unfortunately, no attorney on this site can tell you what to do without reviewing the specifics of your case.


Don't be too quick to blame your lawyer. Tourist extensions are very hard to prove ... not too many people can genuinely afford to stay in the US for a year without being tempted to work, or 'help' family members in their home/business.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer