I had applied for a second extension on my tourist visa it got denied cause my lawyer did not submit supporting docs.

Asked about 2 years ago - Hicksville, NY

hello i applied for an second extension on a visitor visa and it was denied cause my lawyer did not submit proper supporting documents..i have very little time to do something or else i will go illegal.so pls if you can guide me what to do.

1. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

5

Answered . Speak to your lawyer and seek a second or third opinion regarding your visa options. Do not fall into the trap of staying without authorization. If you are not barred from returning, you should also be open to the idea of rectifying your situation by exiting and coming back with the appropriate visa.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . There is nothing you can really do. If your lawyer is truly to blame, then this is the proof for you that "cheap" is in reality very expensive.. I suggest you leave the country, remain at home for a while, then attempt to come back again and maybe find an employer to sponsor you or open/purchase a business? Just a few ideas. Maybe even buy a ring to your sweetheart (hoping she is USC) marry her?

3. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Don't be too quick to blame your lawyer. Tourist extensions are very hard to prove ... not too many people can genuinely afford to stay in the US for a year without being tempted to work, or 'help' family members in their home/business.

4. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . You should speak with an experienced immigration attorney regarding your options BEFORE you fall out of status. Unfortunately, no attorney on this site can tell you what to do without reviewing the specifics of your case.