I had an officer ask me 10 times if he search my vehicle i said no, but said is there something in car i said an empty pipe.

Asked over 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

they hand cuffed me and searched car, did they have the right to do so?

1. Richard Franklin Taub

Pro

Answered . We do not have all of the facts. It may be possible to suppress the evidence of the contraband, depending upon all of the details of your exchange with police and any other evidence they may have had. Hire counsel immediately to defend you. www.taubcriminaldefense.com

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

Answered . Were you subsequently arrested and charged with a crime?

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Bennett James Wills

Pro

1

Answered . Depends on what you really said. If you gave them probable cause to believe that there was evidence of a crime in the car then they had the right to search it. Next time don't say anything.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now