I had an officer ask me 10 times if he search my vehicle i said no, but said is there something in car i said an empty pipe.

North Hollywood, CA |
Filed under: Vehicle searches

they hand cuffed me and searched car, did they have the right to do so?

1. Depends on what you really said. If you gave them probable cause to believe that there was evidence of a crime in the car then they had the right to search it. Next time don't say anything.

This is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. This is for education and informational purposes only. It is always recommended that you contact an attorney with any concerns as each individual case is unique.

2. We do not have all of the facts. It may be possible to suppress the evidence of the contraband, depending upon all of the details of your exchange with police and any other evidence they may have had. Hire counsel immediately to defend you. www.taubcriminaldefense.com

The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

3. Were you subsequently arrested and charged with a crime?

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

Traffic tickets topics