I had an auto accident 6 years ago and subsequently was forced to undergo numerous surgeries as a result of this accident ....

Pompano Beach, FL |

I was the passenger of a taxicab in NYC when the accident occurred and as a result of the injuries sustained I have had (2) shoulder surgeries,nasal surgery and ruptured aneurysm in frontal lobe of my brain.I have evidence of another bleediing aneurysm,a third very small aneurysm,I have developed Fibromialgia as a result of the trauma and can no longer work at my profession.My question has to do with my attorneys approach at this civil lawsuit.My attorney is taking the position that we should not bring up the numerous surgeries and my ruptured aneurysm,which by the way most patients die from, because it makes me seem like an 'ill' person?The trial is set to begin on 1/11/2013 and I am questioning this approach?Can I replace my attorney?All of these issues took place after the accident.

It is always best to follow your lawyers advice. I am sure he has dedicated countless hours to your case and know what is provable and not provable in the Courtroom. You are certainly entitled to a second opinion and it may help re enforce your confidence in your current lawyer.

We aren't in a position to evaluate your case based on the limited facts you provided. However, you can always replace your attorney if you don't feel your interests are being represented well.

My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Talk with your attorney. You should set up a meeting with your attorney and discuss all of your concerns. Lawyers on the AVVO site are not in a position to evaluate your claim.

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Best bet is to call your attorney to discuss your issues and concerns. You can switch attorneys at any time if that would make you feel more comfortable.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

You should schedule an "in-person" conference with your attorney.

Sorry to hear of your maladies. In answer to your question, I am of the opinion that there can only be one captain in the ship. Your attorney will not make any money if you do not win. If he feels his approach is the best, you should ask him for his reasons. If his medical expert is teling that his approach is better, then you better listen to him. Very few lawyers, almost none will jump at the last minute to try a case. It would be a recipe for disaster. It would be better to spend the time discussing strategies about winning with your lawyer. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

At any time you can fire your attorney. However, it is best to talk about the problems and settle them before the court date. If your gut is telling you that it is not the right thing to do then I would question the actual morality of the attorney.
Good Luck

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Vincent Jacques Antoine Tubiana

Vincent Jacques Antoine Tubiana

Definitely meet with your attorneys in person. You must be comfortable with their approach in anticipation of trial. However, you can always hire a separate attorney, but keep in mind a judge may not automatically continue your trial date depending on the status of the case.