I had an altercation with my domestic partner. I was assaulted and struck back.

Flushing, NY |
Filed under: Domestic violence

we are both charged with misdemeanor assault and harassment, my partner has also been charged with menacing with a weapon. we both do not have any prior criminal history. neither of us plan to press charges. What is the most likely outcome

If neither party wants to pursue the charges, they will most likely be dismissed. You would need an attorney to facilitate this.

Scott Gross
516-500-9068
Scottgrosslaw.com

This is not a solicitation nor is it legal advice. An attorney/client relationship has not been established. The Law Offices of Scott Gross, PC 631-456-2326 Scottgrosslaw.com

If neither of you cooperate with thte DA then the cases will likely have to be dismissed. Hopefully neither of you signed the supporting deposition.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

If neither one of you wants to press charges and refuse to cooperate with the DA, then a dismissal will be granted. Hire attorneys to get this done for you.

If neither of you cooperate with the DA in the end the charges will most likely be dropped. It is storngly suggested that you both seek legal assistance with this matter.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.