I HAD AN ACCIDENT AT WORK AND THEY DONT WANT TO PAY ME THE DAYS I WAS OUT OF WORK BY DOCTORS RECOMENDATION WHAT CAN I DO?

Phoenix, AZ |

I HURT MY BACK WHEN A PALLET FELT IN MY BACK. AFTER 2 MONTHS MY BOSS HAD NOTICE OF THE ACCIDENT BECAUSE I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND HAD TO BE OUT OF WORK FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. AFTER MY BOSS NOTCIE THAT I WENT TO KIROPRACTIC AND HE ALSO RECOMMENDED FOR ME TO BE OUT OF FOR 2 MORE WEEKS AND MY BOSS TOLD ME THAT HE WAS GONNA PAY ME THE DAYS I WAS OFF...

1. Thanks for your question. Did you file a worker's comp claim? Was it accepted by the insurance carrier? If the answer to both of these questions is "yes," then you would be eligible for indemnity compensation (aka temporary disability) once you have missed 7 days of work per a physician (i.e., you are eligible for comp on the 8th day). If you have not filed a worker's comp claim yet, I would do so right away (contact the Industrial Commission -- 602-542-4661). If you did file a claim, and it was denied, you only have 90 days to appeal the notice of denial. This is done at the Industrial Commission as well. Please feel free to contact my office with any other questions. Thanks.
    Matt Fendon, Esq. - 602-256-2000