I had an accident and i'm about to settle this case but i think this is something wrong..

Lakewood, WA |

i got an accident on may 2012 and i already have attorney..
but i feel like i'm ripped off.
my car property damage was about $800
my medical cost was about $ 5000 for 3 month
here is info. that what paper shows
Gross offer from the xxx insurance company: $7,899,89
Less attorney fees: thirty three percent: ==$2.633.30 -$ 571.61
Subtotal: $2.061.69 // $5838.20
Total to client: $2.100.00

is this ok settlement amount? or is my attorney gets lot more money than me?
i dont think thats not 33%..
attorney is $2.061.69 and i'm $2.100.00.
ITS ONLY $39.00 difference!!
I really dont understand that my attorney was $2600.00 and i was only $2100.00 even he gave me $500 discount its only $39.00 different. thats like 48% attorney fees NOT 33% ..
Please tell me if this is fair settlement or not

Well, it's simple math $7,899 x .3333 is around $2,632. So that sounds about right. It's possible that without an attorney, your offer would have been significantly less. In some rare circumstance, people still owe money after settling a claim.

Minh Tran

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse the brevity.

Information applicable in Washington State. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Arrow Law Group, PLLC is a debt relief agency as defined by the United States Bankruptcy Code. We help people file for relief under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

The math looks right. There is not enough information in your question to value your claim, but assuming the value is fair this is a normal split. There are usually costs to get records and other items that reduce your award.

This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.

Always bet to get a lawyer with a low contingency fee, less than thirty percent, who can negotiate the medical liens down to 5-10 cents on the dollar.

Recommended articles about Personal injury