Skip to main content

I had accident two days ago,and the other driver was her fault. I do not have insurance but she does .

Ypsilanti, MI |

My car has a bigger damage than her.Can they fix my car, and some people told me that she can sue me.

Attorney Answers 8

  1. Her insurance company should pay for your damages. How can she sue you if she was at fault? Is there a dispute as to who was at fault.

  2. You are completely barred under Michigan law if you are the owner and operator of the vehicle you were driving, and yes, you can be sued too. Here is a blog that explains this dangerous loophole under our law:

  3. If she was at fault she cannot sue you and yes her insurance pays for your damage.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

  4. I would take Mr. Gurstens advice and get a Michigan lawyer to advice you.

  5. Mr. Gursten is right, as usual. While out-of-state attorneys mean well, Michigan law is quite different when it comes to auto accidents and no-fault insurance requirements. I strongly suggest you review the link Mr. Gursten gave you. I wish you luck!

    The comments listed here do not create an attorney-client relationship. The comments are for informational purposes only and are not to be considered legal advice. This attorney is only licensed in Michigan and does not give legal advice in any other state. All comments are to be considered conversational information and you should not rely on these comments as legal advice or in place of retaining an attorney of our own. The comments here are based solely on what you have provided and therefore are general in nature and with more specific facts or details a different answer or outcome could result. The legal system is not a perfect science and this attorney does not guarantee any outcome.

  6. Best bet is to call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to look into this.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

  7. If you do get sued, and you will likely get sued by her insurer, contact me if you need defense coverage. You become your own insurer and need help.

    My answer to you question does not constitute legal advice. Only an in person or telephone consultation will result in an attorney/client relationship. Call me at (313)402-0853 to discuss your matter further.

  8. In Michigan, if you drive without insurance (either on you or on the car), you are at risk for both civil liability and criminal prosecution.