I had accident two days ago,and the other driver was her fault. I do not have insurance but she does .

Asked over 1 year ago - Ypsilanti, MI

My car has a bigger damage than her.Can they fix my car, and some people told me that she can sue me.

1. Steven M. Gursten

Pro

9

Answered . You are completely barred under Michigan law if you are the owner and operator of the vehicle you were driving, and yes, you can be sued too. Here is a blog that explains this dangerous loophole under our law: http://www.michiganautolaw.com/auto-lawyers-blo...

2. Edward Jacob Sternisha

Pro

7

Answered . Mr. Gursten is right, as usual. While out-of-state attorneys mean well, Michigan law is quite different when it comes to auto accidents and no-fault insurance requirements. I strongly suggest you review the link Mr. Gursten gave you. I wish you luck!

3. Timothy J. Klisz

Pro

3

Answered . If you do get sued, and you will likely get sued by her insurer, contact me if you need defense coverage. You become your own insurer and need help.

Pro

4

Answered . Best bet is to call one of the lawyers in your state who answered above to look into this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Michael L. Van Erp

2

Answered . In Michigan, if you drive without insurance (either on you or on the car), you are at risk for both civil liability and criminal prosecution.

6. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . Her insurance company should pay for your damages. How can she sue you if she was at fault? Is there a dispute as to who was at fault.

7. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . If she was at fault she cannot sue you and yes her insurance pays for your damage.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  8. David B Pittman

Pro

2

Answered . I would take Mr. Gurstens advice and get a Michigan lawyer to advice you.