I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation back in August 2009. I almost died. Is there any option to sue left in California?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sun City, CA

I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation back in August 2009. I was sent home the same day with a one hour drive. I was bleeding internally. The emergency room doctors would not operate and made the plastic surgeon drive down because he only knew what he did. I believe he sewed my upper muscles back too tight. I now believe I didn't even need a full tummy tuck. I'm very petite. Should have gotten a mini. But the doctor had talked me into a full. I have a horrible scar from him having to rip me open again. I have panic attacks still from the trauma. I was not allowed any pain medication in the emergency room because of low pulse. It was like being cut up from serial killer and left in pain. Medical bills were $50,000. If a new doctor discovers that it wasn't done correctly can I sue now?

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

6

Answered . You are FOUR years out from the medical event. Why???

6

Answered . There are deadlines known as statutes of limitation that limit the time to file.

3. Daniel Joseph Podolsky

3

Answered . Unfortunately, based on the information you provided, the statute of limitations has run. In other words, it would be too late to bring a medical malpractice lawsuit for your 2009 surgery.

4. Ian A. Scharg

Pro

2

Answered . The crucial question is when you knew or should have known of the alleged malpractice because the statute of limitations runs from one year from that date.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

1

Answered . Seek a free consultation with a local personal injury attorney who handles medical malpractice. Many offer free 30 minute consultations. It may be too late under the Statute of Limitations. There are some exceptions - thats why you need to discuss the details with an experience attorney in your State. Good luck.