I had a slip and fall accident at the Days Inn in Bridgewater, nj last March-2012. The bottom of my foot was slashed open .

Asked over 1 year ago - Bridgewater, NJ

The injury required many stitches and the use of crutches. I was unable to drive to work as it was my right foot. I soon was let go at my job and was not able to get continuous treatment due to lack of insurance. It was not until Decrmber thru to today that I have started to get sensations in my heel that are not pleasant. I did get an incident report, took pictures of the injury and stitches . I would like to file a claim at this point before its too late

1. Anne Marie Breslin

10

1

Best Answer

Answered . I'm sorry that you were injured and have had so many difficulties. The statute of limitations is two years - which means you have two years to file a lawsuit. However, it's very important to engage the services of an attorney right away. There may have been, and hopefully there still are, video tapes of the incident. If there are no videos, photos should be taken of the condition which caused you to fall as soon as possible.

A personal injury attorney will not paid unless or until you obtain a money settlement or jury verdict, they will assist you to get the treatment you deserve and will engage the services of the appropriate expert witnesses. Sometimes liability can become a barrier to successful outcomes in slip and fall cases, but in many cases, this can be overcome.

I suggest that you meet with an attorney as soon as possible.

2. Stephen Andrew Hamer

10

1

Answered . You need to contact a local personal injury attorney. Try the FIND LAWYER tab on this website. They will be able to better help you after a review of all your specific facts. Many will speak to you initially for free. Good Luck!

3. Yolanda Navarrete

8

1

Answered . You can file a complaint any time prior to two years from the date of the accident. I would need to review the medical and incident reports in order to advise you whether you have enough damages and evidence to proceed. It sounds as if you do from the facts you present.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

1

Answered . Interview a few lawyers who practice personal injury litigation and look to hire the one you are most comfortable with and confident in. Have you received medical treatment since the fall?

5. Ian Bloom

7

Answered . Sounds like you have a legitimate personal injury claim. Contact a few Attorneys who deal with personal injury law and choose the one you like best.

6. Matthew C Simon

Pro

6

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You may have a claim, however; your best bet is to seek an experienced personal injury attorney ASAP. Let him or her advocate on your behalf and get you maximum compensation. Many attorneys, such as myself, work on a contingency basis (you dont pay unless you win) and offer free 30 minute consultations. Good luck.

7. James P Brady

6

1

Answered . You have two years from the date of the accisdent to sue. You do not advise as to how the accident happened. Contrary to popular belief, falling down and getting injured on someone else's property does not entitle you to compensation. You must prove a dangerous condition on the property and that the owner (or person maintaining the property) was negligent by not removing it or warning about it. Otherwise, if the popular belief were the law, no one would ever work - all of us would just go around falling on each other's property in order to collect an insurance check.

Your description of the injuries and ensuing damage sounds serious. You should engage a lawyer immediately. Your description alone raises both medical and causation (loss of employment) issues that are best handled by a personal injury attorney, who will also address the liability issues.

Pro

6

Answered . The statute of limitations is 2 years, so you have time.

9. David A. Papa

4

Answered . You clearly need to hire / interview personal injury attorney(s) ASAP.

One or more answers have been taken down.