I had a slip and fall about a year 1/2 ago at a departmnet store employee moped but did not place wet floor sign

Memphis, TN |

diagnosis radiculopathy cervical,myfascail pain,spine enthesopathy,pain lumbar spine,radiculopathy,scarilac joint degener/lumbar spondylosis,hernitation disc lumbar L4-L5 CENTRAL DISC DIS PROTUSION WITH DISC DESSICATION TINY CENTRAL DISC PROTUSION T12-L2

what would be a fair settlment price my neurologist dr. says i probably had the disc problem every since i was in my late teens or early tewnties measuring by mri i've worked two jobs and have never had any physcial limitation or pain with my back or any other extremities until that fall i have been working with the insurance adjustor the guy seems nice but my friends say find a attorney because when its all over i will not get what is entitled to me

1. The Statute of Limitations is the part of the law that gives injured people a deadline to file their lawsuit. After the deadline passes, you cannot file a lawsuit, even if you are completely in the right and the other person is completely in the wrong.

In Tennessee, the Statute of Limitations is one year.

You were injured a year and half ago.

I suspect that, sadly, you have no rights to sue the department store any more. However, there are sometimes ways to get around the Statute of Limitations. From what you have said in your question I cannot see where the exception to the one-year rule could possible help you, but you never know.

You need to go and speak with a Personal Injury lawyer NOW. RIGHT NOW. Good luck.

If you want to discuss this further with me, send me a note. Attorney Jere Franklin Ownby JOwnby@OwnbyLawFirm.com

2. You should seek the counsel of a Memphis personal injury attorney. Tennessee has a one-year statute of limitations for filing personal injury claims. It would behoove you to take action quickly as with time evidence can be lost, employees quit and disappear, and memories fade. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Best wishes.

This answer is provided as a public service for informational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice. Providing this information does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is any information shared considered privileged or confidential. As with all legal matters, you should contact an experienced attorney and be aware that there are time limits for asserting potential claims.

3. If it was a year and a 1/2 ago, your statute ran 6 months ago.

Please note that my answering this question, does not, in any way, mean I represent you for this, or any other case. You need to seek that actual face-to-face advice of any attorney in your area who can further explain the law as it applies to your case.

4. Your fact situation and medical condition are rather complex, and you should see an attormey immediately. The adjuster may be friendly enough, but make no mistake about it: he/she works for the insurance company and job #1 is to close the claim for as little cost as possible. Moreover, you may already have problems if your claim occurred more than a year ago (it is hard to tell from your question precisely when the incident occurred). You need to see an attorney immediately.

Disclaimer: General information provided online is not meant to be specific legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. We welcome and encourage you to contact us in the event you would like to learn more about our firm or attorneys; however, please understand that you are only considered to be a client of our firm after you have received and executed a written retainer agreement. After that time, we may exchange information freely and confidentially. You may call us at 901-372-5003, or visit our injury website at www.Tennessee-Injury-Lawyer.com for more information.

5. Your friends are correct - you have a fairly serious injury apparently complicated by pre-existing medical conditions. I used to train adjusters - you will never obtain a settlement that will come close to that obtained with the assistance of a good local personal injury attorney. Most offer free consultations & handle these cases on a contingency basis (no recovery, no fee) Hope you feel better. Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

6. Have a local personal injury lawyer evaluate a possible claim.

7. The statute of limitations for a slip and fall in Tennessee is 1 year from the date of the slip and fall. If I'm reading your note correctly the accident occurred more than a year ago. When the statute of limitations passes, generally all of your claims expire.