Skip to main content

I had a settled lawsuit at the age of 13, the money was placed in a bank account under my est. now i am 18 can i withdraw alone

Dearborn, MI |

the bank account is under my name it says, establishment of Mohammad hachem. Me and my father dont get along now so thats why i am curious if i can go to the bank and withdraw money,

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It's going to depend on how the money was deposited. If it was done under a trust, the terms of the trust will control how it can be withdrawn. The bank ought to have the information as to how it can be withdrawn.

Good luck.

The information provided is based solely on the general information given and should not be construed as legal advice for your specific situation.


It will depend on either the terms of the settlement, a trust or conservatorship set up at the time of the settlement and should, as my brother attorney stated, be available at the bank. You problem will be that most probably you will not have withdrawal rights on the account and the bank will need, insist, on some grant of authority to allow you to have access to the account.

If you are not getting along with your father, who I assume has control, you will most probably require an attorney. Good luck.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, my answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement. For an appointment please call please call 586-778-0900 or contact via email.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer