I had a roommate that, unknown to me, was, downloading child pornography. He was, evidently, being monitored. While I was in the

Asked about 1 year ago - Daytona Beach, FL

hospital, my house was raided, the authorities, demolished and seized much of my electronic property (along with his) I had no part in the child porn activity. I took pictures of the extensive damages, sent them to Security First Insurance, they sent a adjustor who surveyed the property then, I received a notice of non-renewal, and rejection of my claim. The policy states I have Ordinance or Law Coverage (25% of $127K) and replacement costs which I have paid for yrs. Can I makes them pay? I need a attorney. I am completely innocent and bearing the burden of all the expense. I am a diabetic/kidney transplant recipient living on $950 mo disability. Can anyone help ?

1. Seth Jason Greenhill

Answered . I would retain an attorney a.s.a.p to help you with this problem.

2. Stephen Andrew Mosca

Answered . The tactics of some insurance carriers is to simply deny a claim and hope the injured party either gives up or let's the time limits run out. You must avoid both of those outcomes.

An attorney can take your case for either a fixed rate or for a portion of the damages, if you have no retainer up front, but an attorney can litigate the issue and get you at least some recovery.

As the others have stated, waste no time - the clock is running. Good luck.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Call your county or state bar association and request a referral or try the Avvo 'find a lawyer' option to locate an attorney near you, Best of luck.

4. Timothy George Kerrigan

1

Answered . It sounds like an awful situation and one which certainly does require a lawyer. You should search for a lawyer in your area by using the AVVO find a lawyer tab! Do not delay as there are time limits likely at work here.