I had a roommate that, unknown to me, was, downloading child pornography. He was, evidently, being monitored. While I was in the

Daytona Beach, FL |

hospital, my house was raided, the authorities, demolished and seized much of my electronic property (along with his) I had no part in the child porn activity. I took pictures of the extensive damages, sent them to Security First Insurance, they sent a adjustor who surveyed the property then, I received a notice of non-renewal, and rejection of my claim. The policy states I have Ordinance or Law Coverage (25% of $127K) and replacement costs which I have paid for yrs. Can I makes them pay? I need a attorney. I am completely innocent and bearing the burden of all the expense. I am a diabetic/kidney transplant recipient living on $950 mo disability. Can anyone help ?

Call your county or state bar association and request a referral or try the Avvo 'find a lawyer' option to locate an attorney near you, Best of luck.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

It sounds like an awful situation and one which certainly does require a lawyer. You should search for a lawyer in your area by using the AVVO find a lawyer tab! Do not delay as there are time limits likely at work here.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.

I would retain an attorney a.s.a.p to help you with this problem.

The information provided herein is not intended to be legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists as a result. Before relying on any advice, please consult an attorney.

The tactics of some insurance carriers is to simply deny a claim and hope the injured party either gives up or let's the time limits run out. You must avoid both of those outcomes.

An attorney can take your case for either a fixed rate or for a portion of the damages, if you have no retainer up front, but an attorney can litigate the issue and get you at least some recovery.

As the others have stated, waste no time - the clock is running. Good luck.

The above is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice nor makes you a client of the Mosca Law Firm, PA. Please consult with a lawyer in order to obtain confidential legal advice that is tailored to your specific situation and facts.