I had a one year lease with my landlord. It ended 1/1/13. I have been living month to month since then knowing I will be

Phoenix, AZ |

Moving out of State. I gave him plenty of notice that I will be moving mid month next month. He still wants me to pay a full month of rent, though I gave him plenty of notice. Is that legal?

1. Yes, if you have been month-to-month and rent has been due on the first, then you need to give 30 days notice at the end of one month of your intention to move out by the end of the next month.

2. I agree with my colleague. The statute requires notice be based on day rent is due.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.