I had a joint title signed by both me and one other. Ont he title it stated our names as "Owner AND/OR Owner".

Tampa, FL |

How do I interpret that? He was able to remove my name from the title and took my car. Should I assume he forged my signature?

I made payments to him and kept them logged within an Excel spreadsheet, but he deleted it when he took my car. He also kept all of my possessions since he said I "owe him" for it. He refuses my communication and will not return my phone calls. I also lost money as I had my car insurance in my name, without him added as a driver. I kept it paid a month in advance.

While the term "And" requires all parties to be involved in transactions, the term "Or" typically allows any one of the owners listed to transact business without the involvement of the other. Depending on what you would like to do and how much money is involved, you may be able to take the other owner to small claims court. This may be a good option depending on how much money you lost/are owed and how much money you are willing to spend to get what's yours. Other than walking away and chalking it up to "lesson learned" you can contact a local attorney to review your situation and advise you on how best to proceed. Most attorneys will not charge for an initial consultation.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Florida Attorney practicing in areas of Estate Planning, Elder Law, Trusts, Probate, Guardianship, and Business Law. www.ferraezlucas.com The information provided is for educational purposes and not intended to provide legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship. Please contact me at adam@yourlawpro.com or call my office should you like to discuss your Florida legal matter further. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business