Skip to main content

I had a hysterectomy in July 2012 by the davinci robot 8 days later I had a puncture in my bowel can i sue i stillhave issues?

Woodbury, NJ |

I am now almost 9 months later going back to antoerh suregeon for a possiblr reoccuring fistula I am and have been mentally traumatized and have been suffereing since this is there a way i can sue the doctor forthis pan and suffering loss of wages from work and this is not right to go in a for a hysterectomy and then 8 days later have a holein my interstine they obviously did it and then it healed 2 months later butr i had to walk around for one moth with intestinal waste coming out of me after suffering this trauma now nine moths later it may be back i have to go get more test done can i sue the surgeon and the davinci robot theu obviously ifeel did this the surgery was at Hannehman hospital in Philadelphia PA if I have a case please email me I want justice

Attorney Answers 7

  1. You need to contact a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. It is a bit hard to understand the problem.

    Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to practice law in both the State of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey.This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. This answer does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

  2. A local lawyer would need to order your medical records and send them to an expert to review. Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. I'm sorry, but my firm only handles catastrophic injuries.

  3. Medical malpractice cases are very complicated. Get copies of all of your medical records and bring them to a local personal injury attorney who handles medical malpractice cases. You will need a medical expert to review the medical records and confirm the malpractice. Good luck.

    The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

  4. My office is in Woodbury and I would be happy to meet with you. If you have your records, that's great, but we can get them for you if you give us a list of the medical providers who you saw.

    A response to a question posted on Avvo is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is informational only. Allan E. Richardson, Esq. Richardson, Galella & Austermuhl 142 Emerson ST., Woodbury, NJ 08096 856-579-7045.

  5. You need to intact an attorney who is experienced in both medical malpractice and medical products liability. I am handling a number of these cases all over the country, and there is almost certainly a case against Intuitive, the DaVinci manufacturer. There is a defect in a certain instrument on the DaVinci that is causing theses injuries. And depending on your post surgical contacts with the urge on, you may have a case for failure to timely diagnose as well as a possible case for causing the injury. You also want to review the hospital records with an eye to whether or not you actually met discharge criteria. There is a lot going on here. Feel free to call to discuss.

    This answer is provided as a public service for informational purposes only. Providing this information does not create an attorney-client relationship. As with all legal matters, you should contact an experienced attorney in your geographical area to discuss the law specific to your state. For more information, see

  6. Medical Malpractice-Products Liability -Bowel Perforation-Fistula- By Patrick Amoresano: You've described a very compelling case with components of medical malpractice as well as possible products liability, as certain Da Vinci Robot models have an FDA documented history of defects. You need to speak with an experienced and knowledgable trial attorney right away.

  7. Da Vinci Robot models have a history of problems. You need to speak with an experienced and knowledgable trial attorney right away.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics