I had a hysterectomy in July 2012 by the davinci robot 8 days later I had a puncture in my bowel can i sue i stillhave issues?

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbury, NJ

I am now almost 9 months later going back to antoerh suregeon for a possiblr reoccuring fistula I am and have been mentally traumatized and have been suffereing since this is there a way i can sue the doctor forthis pan and suffering loss of wages from work and this is not right to go in a for a hysterectomy and then 8 days later have a holein my interstine they obviously did it and then it healed 2 months later butr i had to walk around for one moth with intestinal waste coming out of me after suffering this trauma now nine moths later it may be back i have to go get more test done can i sue the surgeon and the davinci robot theu obviously ifeel did this the surgery was at Hannehman hospital in Philadelphia PA if I have a case please email me jmurray929@verizon.net I want justice

Pro

4

Answered . A local lawyer would need to order your medical records and send them to an expert to review. Use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. I'm sorry, but my firm only handles catastrophic injuries.

2. Patrick X Amoresano

Pro

3

Answered . Medical Malpractice-Products Liability -Bowel Perforation-Fistula- By Patrick Amoresano: You've described a very compelling case with components of medical malpractice as well as possible products liability, as certain Da Vinci Robot models have an FDA documented history of defects. You need to speak with an experienced and knowledgable trial attorney right away.

3. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

2

Answered . You need to contact a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. It is a bit hard to understand the problem.

4. Allan E Richardson

2

Answered . My office is in Woodbury and I would be happy to meet with you. If you have your records, that's great, but we can get them for you if you give us a list of the medical providers who you saw.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

1

Answered . Medical malpractice cases are very complicated. Get copies of all of your medical records and bring them to a local personal injury attorney who handles medical malpractice cases. You will need a medical expert to review the medical records and confirm the malpractice. Good luck.

6. Todd Nathan Hendrickson

Pro

2

Answered . You need to intact an attorney who is experienced in both medical malpractice and medical products liability. I am handling a number of these cases all over the country, and there is almost certainly a case against Intuitive, the DaVinci manufacturer. There is a defect in a certain instrument on the DaVinci that is causing theses injuries. And depending on your post surgical contacts with the urge on, you may have a case for failure to timely diagnose as well as a possible case for causing the injury. You also want to review the hospital records with an eye to whether or not you actually met discharge criteria. There is a lot going on here. Feel free to call to discuss.

7. Patrick J. Filan

Pro

1

Answered . Da Vinci Robot models have a history of problems. You need to speak with an experienced and knowledgable trial attorney right away.