I had a heart problem due to an energizing drink "Monster" today my state of health is not the same as before. What should I do?

New York, NY |

I had a heart problem due to an energizing drink "Monster" today my state of health is not the same as before. What should I do? my name is Guillermo Rodriguez. I have 23 years, I live in Woodside, NY I had to fill miedicare because I had no money to pay the expenses of the hospital. my email is: memorodriguez187@gmail.com for more information of my case, I need help.

1. You should try and contact a product liability attorney to discuss your potential claim

2. As indicated by Mr. Rubinov, you may have a potential products liability claim and should consult with an attorney as soon as possible. You should have your pre and post-accident medical records available for review as well as any proof that you actually consumed energy drinks in and about the time of your injury. Since you mention no time frame, the sooner you meet with qualified counsel, the better.

Disclaimer- The information you obtain at our web-site or through postings on such sites as this is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Any response given here is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change appropriately.

3. See a lawyer immediately.

4. Sorry to hear about your situation. I agree with my colleagues. Also you need medical support linking your problems to your current medical problems.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

5. There are several class actions and other lawsuits which have been brought against the makers of Monster and other energy drinks suck as 5-hour Energy, and many of these lawsuits have arisen as a result of heart issues related to the drink. I suggest that you perform a search on Avvo for an attorney handling either a class action of this type or one who specializes in products liability so that you can further discuss this claim.

Good luck!

The aforementioned opinion does not constitute legal advice and is for general educational purposes only. See an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction for competent legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through the within legal question and answer session.

6. How do you know that the heart problem is caused by the drink?