I had a head-on collision with a morticyclist, who died. Will I get involuntary manslaughter? & lose my license orget jail time?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cuero, TX

I lost control of my vehicle and hit oncoming traffic on a 2-lane highway, I struck 4 morticycles head on. They were riding Side by side illegally. One died and one broke his femur and now I'm getting called to appear in front of a grand jury in a week. I also have no assets to my name, my vehicle that was totaled was my only asset. I work full time and support a 2-year old on my own, I'm wondering what if anything I'll be charged with. I have a clean driving record and clean background as well. Will I lose my license or get put on probation or any jail time?

1. George Costas Andriotis

4

Answered . You need to consult a private defense attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

4

Answered . No way to prognosticate. Retain a criminal lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

2

Answered . I agree. I also recommend you do not post anything else on a public website, facebook etc...

4. David B Pittman

Pro

3

Answered . Notify your insurance company Asap. they have a duty to defend you in this matter. however, I would suggest hiring a criminal defense attorney due to the severity of the injuries. You could be exposed to being sued personally so I would do whatever it takes together a good lawyer. Best of luck.

5. Sean Michael Patrick

3

Answered . My colleagues are right on point. You need to retain an attorney to protect your rights. Your insurance should provide an attorney to help. Best of luck.

6. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I respectfully suggest that you discontinue discussing your situation on a public forum.

You need to immediately retain criminal defense counsel to advise you. Do not offer any further statements to anyone until you speak with defense counsel. You are not under an obligation to testify at the grand jury. You have a constitutional right to counsel and the constitutional right to remain silent. I suggest you exercise these rights as soon as possible. Get counsel.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.