I had a head-on collision with a morticyclist, who died. Will I get involuntary manslaughter? & lose my license orget jail time?

Cuero, TX |

I lost control of my vehicle and hit oncoming traffic on a 2-lane highway, I struck 4 morticycles head on. They were riding Side by side illegally. One died and one broke his femur and now I'm getting called to appear in front of a grand jury in a week. I also have no assets to my name, my vehicle that was totaled was my only asset. I work full time and support a 2-year old on my own, I'm wondering what if anything I'll be charged with. I have a clean driving record and clean background as well. Will I lose my license or get put on probation or any jail time?

1. You need to consult a private defense attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. Notify your insurance company Asap. they have a duty to defend you in this matter. however, I would suggest hiring a criminal defense attorney due to the severity of the injuries. You could be exposed to being sued personally so I would do whatever it takes together a good lawyer. Best of luck.

3. My colleagues are right on point. You need to retain an attorney to protect your rights. Your insurance should provide an attorney to help. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

4. No way to prognosticate. Retain a criminal lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

5. I agree. I also recommend you do not post anything else on a public website, facebook etc...

Although Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship, some attorneys prefer to add their own disclaimers to answers. You can set your custom disclaimer here and it will be automatically added to your answers.

6. I respectfully suggest that you discontinue discussing your situation on a public forum.

You need to immediately retain criminal defense counsel to advise you. Do not offer any further statements to anyone until you speak with defense counsel. You are not under an obligation to testify at the grand jury. You have a constitutional right to counsel and the constitutional right to remain silent. I suggest you exercise these rights as soon as possible. Get counsel.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.