I had a H1-B visa , which was approved in 2008 and expired in 2011. Can i fall into the exempt category and use that approval ?

Asked 11 months ago - San Jose, CA

I did not utilize the visa because of personal issues. I have a MS from a US university and was working in US from 1999 - 2003. I did not utilize that H1 fully too. Wanted to find out if I can get a H1 now that the quota is over.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . Contact an immigration law attorney in your area for help.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

1

Answered . Yes

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Maybe.

Why maybe? There are many factors that need to be reviewed ... starting with whether or not the company canceled their approved petition ... keep in mind the they own(ed) the paperwork, not you.

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

2

Answered . Possibly if the employers that sponsored you did not revoke the visas