I had a guy try to fix my car and he didnt fix it but instead took parts off it and has had it about a year now what can i do

Asked over 2 years ago - Prosser, WA

he came over and towed it to his house this is not a shop

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Arthur D Leritz


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Definitely need more information - Is this a reputable shop or just a friend working from his own garage? Do you have a written work order? What did he agree to do and what did you agree to pay? What were the terms of the agreement? Generally, if it's been a year and the work has not been completed, then I would take the car and parts to another shop and have them complete the work. Then, you may have a claim against the "guy" for the difference between the cost to complete the work and what was agreed to originally.


    Arthur D. Leritz

    Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Leritz is licensed to practice law in the State of Washington. The response herein does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,936 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,936 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering