I HAD A FALSE SS# THAT HAS DEBT. SHOULD I STILL GO INTO BANKRUPTCY EVEN THOUGH I NO LONGER USE THAT # FOR MY CURRENT ASSETS?

Glenview, IL |

I HAD A WORKERS COMP CASE AND HAVE OVER 170 THOUSAND DOLLARS IN MEDICAL BILLS DURING THE 8 YEARS OF THIS CASE . THIS WAS ALL UNDER A FALSE MADE UP SS # SINCE I AM UNDOCUMENTED . THE CASE CLOSED & SETTLED . I RECEIVED ABOUT $ 15 THOUSAND . SHOULD I GO INTO BANKRUPTCY TO AVOID THE DEBTORS FROM TAKING MY MONEY TO PAY THEIR DEBT ? ALSO I WANT TO BUY A HOME ( CASH ) AND AM AFRAID THEY WILL TAKE IT TO PAY THE DEBT . MY BANK INFO & NEW HOME WOULD BE UNDER MY TIN . I NEVER USED THAT FAKE SS # AGAIN AFTER THE CASE . SHOULD I GO TO BANKRUPTCY ? OR JUST FORGET IT , SINCE THE DEBT IS UNDER THAT OLD SS # ? PLEASE HELP . I COULD NEVER PAY $ 170 THOUSAND

1. You need to turn off your caps lock. Your question is difficult to read and all caps is considered ruse. That being said, you need to discuss this in private with an attorney who is familiar with federal law and immigration. Use of a fake SSN is a federal crime. You could be facing a lot more than bankruptcy. This is not a private forum. You should also stop discussing your situation anywhere but in a confidential environment. This forum and any other online llocation, is not confidential. You should also refrain from discussing your situation with persons other than your lawyer.

2. This is not the right place to ask this question. As said many times before this is a public forum and is NOT privileged.
    Seek the advice of an experienced lawyer ASAP.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: www.waaltd.com 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

3. Just aboutt everything you said involves a federal crime or two. When you purchase a home for case the closing attorney will need your info and will report case sale to IRS who will then want to know where the money came from and was tax paid on the income.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

4. totally agree wiht other comments. With that said, Illinois WC $ is not taxable and in most cases it is exempt from claims of medical providers and other creditor if the funds are keep totally separate from your other funds. My understanding that applies even in bankruptcy. If you use the money to buy a house, however, I expect you lose the exemption because non WC would be used also.

I am licensed to practice law only in Illinois. Any advice that I render is for general information purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Also it is very important to keep in mind that all legal claims have statues of limitation to file that cannot be missed. A local attorney should be consulted to learn the time limits applicable to a particular claim.

5. Stop.

Contact "Avvo" to remove your post and hire a criminal defense atty.

Sal Sheikh practices law in Illinois.This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. You should always speak directly with a lawyer in your State. It is difficult to evaluate your legal problem without a consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising.