I had a dui in jan..i choose 6mo probation, 50hours community service, paying fines, therapy, the whole nine yards. BUT i

Asked about 2 years ago - Hollywood, FL

BUT i have yet to do my community service hours due to work..i literally have to work my butt off in order to pay for everything..probation, therapy, dui school, living, etc...so i dont know what to do..the dui is my only offense.

1. David S Katz

Pro

12

Answered . You have a choice to make. You either make time to get the hours done or you violate probation. They other option is to ask the judge to either extend your probation to 12 months to give you more time to get the hours done, or to allow you to buy the hours out. Contact a local attorney for help. Good Luck.

2. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

10

1

Answered . You need to complete the community service hours otherwise, your probation will likely be violated. I understand the predicament, but I know in Pinellas County, some community service organizations have options for working folks to do at home to work around their work schedule.

Good luck finishing the hours.

3. Thomas Klemens Almquist

8

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. The only thing I'd add is to work with your probation officer. Some of them are better than others, but s/he should be able to help you find a place to do your community service. Also, getting started on your community service and doing some of it is better than doing none of it.

4. William David Umansky

Pro

7

Answered . I understand your predicament. However Mr, Katz is absolutely correct. YOur choice is clear. finish the hours or violate your probation or file a motion immediately in front of the judge to modify your probation and give you some more time to complete the hours. Good luck to you!