I had a dui and the judge exponged it.. can my x uses this to get full custody of the my daughters?

Asked over 1 year ago - Moreno Valley, CA

im asking every possible question i can my x is very vindictive and im afraid that the court might let me have 50/50 custody because on the DUI that is not on my record. you guys have been such a great help answering my questions!! thank you for the advice

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Edmund Lee Montgomery


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the DUI was on your record then the court could consider it. But since you had it expunged it is as if it did not happen.
    The court will consider what is best for your children. That is usually to have both parent involved in their lives.

Related Topics

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Wendy J. Norman

Mothers’ Rights

A mother has certain legal rights pertaining to her children. When a mother needs legal assistance with child custody, support, visitation or paternity, a family law attorney can advise her... more


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,798 answers this week

3,254 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,798 answers this week

3,254 attorneys answering