I had a doctor who chose not to treat me because I was late for a couple of appointments. I found another Dr but they said

Asked almost 2 years ago - Grapevine, TX

the New doctor will not treat me because my medical file said I was not compliant. I have a deadly condition and I need treatment. I was compliant and cant speak to the doctor to get the file at least changed so I can be treated.

1. John Gus Zgourides

Answered . Post this in the medical section of Avvo!

2. Marc Edward Stewart

Answered . Doctors are allowed the right to decline treatment unless a patient is suffering an emergent life-threatening situation (meaning: about to expire like with a heart attack, etc). This means that a family practitioner, etc., can decline to take on a new patient for whatever reason they want. It is understandable that a physician would not be interested in seeing a patient known as "non-compliant." Whether you are truly non-compliant is really beside the point.

The best solution is to simply go find a new doctor and keep doing so until you find one that is good & wants to help. Doctors are a dime-a-dozen, particularly in your area of Texas.