I had a dispute with a neighbor back in '95. I was cited for threats to person and trespass. It was later dismissed after a

Denver, CO |

deferred judgment. In 2000 I was protecting some friends at a bar where an altercation occurred. I was cited for disturbing the peace, trespass, & threats to person/property. It was also dismissed. I just accepted a great job and worried about the impact this will have as they're now doing a background check. I'm concerned they will pull my offer & wondering what to do. Should I tell them this happened in '95 and 2000? I just left a job and have until tomorrow to rescind a severance package that has a non-compete with 20 weeks of severance. If I want to work for the new company, I must rescind the severance & non-compete. I'm worried that if I do this, and the background check shows the incidences from years past that they'll fire me on the spot. I'm supposed to start Monday. Thoughts?help

1. Being honest is always the best policy.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.