I had a delivery driver back into my van that was parked in my driveway. Who is responsible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baytown, TX

The driver or the owner of the truck. It was a delivery service that the original company hired.

1. Robert C. Slim

8

Answered . If the delivery driver was in the "course and scope" of his employment at the time of the accident, then the driver and his employer are both responsible for the damages to your van. If you have their insurance information, then report the claim. If not, then you have to call the company and get the insurance information. If they won't give you the insurance information, then you can report the claim to your own insurance company and they will take it from there. If you did not have collision coverage on your van, then you will probably have to file a small claims case against the other driver and the company for your damages. Hope this helps.

2. Richard Kurt Arbuckle

Pro

7

Answered . Probably both.

Pro

7

Answered . Get the insurance info, and put in a claim.

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . Sounds like the driver of the delivery vehicle is responsible. Make sure you get the name of his company's insurance carrier to make a claim. You should also notify your own carrier if you have the right kid of coverage.

5. Matthew C Simon

Pro

5

Answered . Based on the limited information provided, probably both. If the driver was acting within the scope of his employment, the company will likely be liability for his negligence. Good luck.

6. Paul Hilmon Cannon

2

Answered . Put both on notice of a claim and let them sort out coverage.