I had a delivery driver back into my van that was parked in my driveway. Who is responsible?

Baytown, TX |

The driver or the owner of the truck. It was a delivery service that the original company hired.

Sounds like the driver of the delivery vehicle is responsible. Make sure you get the name of his company's insurance carrier to make a claim. You should also notify your own carrier if you have the right kid of coverage.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

If the delivery driver was in the "course and scope" of his employment at the time of the accident, then the driver and his employer are both responsible for the damages to your van. If you have their insurance information, then report the claim. If not, then you have to call the company and get the insurance information. If they won't give you the insurance information, then you can report the claim to your own insurance company and they will take it from there. If you did not have collision coverage on your van, then you will probably have to file a small claims case against the other driver and the company for your damages. Hope this helps.

Probably both.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

Based on the limited information provided, probably both. If the driver was acting within the scope of his employment, the company will likely be liability for his negligence. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Get the insurance info, and put in a claim.

Put both on notice of a claim and let them sort out coverage.