I had a cyst removed on my knee 6 months ago and the cyst has come back is the doctor responsible to fix it again?

Chickamauga, GA |
Filed under: Medical malpractice

.

I agree with the previous posters. Unfortunately cysts are unpredictable and can regrow. It is unlikely the doctor would be required to remove the cyst again. I would seek a second opinion.

Best of luck.

2. Not necessarily. It sounds like there is no proof of what caused the cyst to grow back, so I think negligence is going to be hard to prove. However, if you need to have the surgery done, you should regardless of whether it grew back on it own.

3. Unfortunately most cysts can regrow under certain conditions. If you are concerned the surgery was not done correctly the first time, thus requiring a second surgery, I would encourage you to get a second opinion. Good luck

For more information, contact us at Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com or (770) 984-5380. The initial consultation is always free. This post is intended to provide general guidance, and should not be construed as legal advice. While I am an attorney, unless we sign a retainer agreement, I am not your attorney, and any information shared on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it.