Skip to main content

I had a claim against a brokerage firm recently denied by FINRA arbitration. Is there any way to have the denial reviewed ?

Alexandria, VA |
Filed under: Arbitration Appeals

My attorney, who also has a lot of his own time invested in my claim, suggested I let it go. Perhaps, for some reason, he is less willing to shake the tree. I am not! I want to see behind the curturn of secrecy labeled, "Claim Denied".

We were both shocked by “claim denied”. That is all we know. I would like to know a lot more and perhaps challenge these shocking results. Is there any way this can be done? If not at FINRA, perhaps at the SEC.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


FINRA has an internal appeal process which must be exhausted before you can bring a Court proceeding, but once there is a ruling against you, it is an uphill battle to proceed and succeed.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email -


In order to have an arbitration award reversed, you have to prove beyond any doubt that the arbitrators engaged in misconduct (misinterpreting the law alone is not enough) under a standard known as "manifest disregard of the law." That means the arbitrators on the record acknowledged what law applied and affirmatively chose not to follow it. It is one of the highest standards of proof in civil cases. Thus, it is very difficult to get a FINRA award overturned.

You can always send a complaint letter to your state securities regulatorr.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.



Who is my State Securities Regulator (VA) and how do I make contact?

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer