Skip to main content

I had a chemical burn at a Beauty School . I recieved neck and scalp burns. My hair is falling out and i do have headaches.

Milwaukee, WI |

The school insurance company wants to to know what am I looking for. How absurb

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need proper medical attention, and a qualified and local personal injury attorney. Stop speaking with the insurance company.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


1st, you need to ensure you seek appropriate medical attention. 2nd, you need a local personal injury lawyer. Don’t try to handle this yourself.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.


You should seek immediate medical attention and take photos of your injuries. Then, contact a personal injury attorney to get a handle on the details and circumstances of your potential claim. You are not obliged to cooperate with, or speak to the school's insurer. And, assuming you hire an attorney, he or she will likely discourage you from giving a statement to the adjuster.


These types of injuries can be serious, therefore, you should obtain a medical evaluation and potential care. You may need to also consult with specialists, such as a dermatologist, or an allergist. I would suggest that you immediately consult with a personal injury attorney who has handled these types of claims, in order to get the best advice. Please be aware that in Wisconsin, there is normally a three year statute of limitations for an adult pursuing a claim for damages as a result of another's negligence or intentional act. That means that you must either settle your claims or commence a lawsuit within three years from the date of the act which caused your injuries, otherwise, your claims may be .extinguished.

The information you obtain from this posting, and/or the act of sending an e-mail to this site and viewing this posting, are not intended to and will not create an attorney-client relationship. The information you obtain from this posting is not, nor is it intended to be, specific legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own particular situation. The material in this posting is not intended to be advertising, but it is instead meant it to be general information only.


I handled a few of these types of cases. Usually, it occurs when the product is not used in accordance with the instructions. It is basically a damages case, how much damage occurred due to the burns. Any scaring, medical bills, pain and suffering are used to formulate a value for settlement purposes. Make sure you get medical attention for this condition.

You should consult an attorney in your State at once.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer