I had a case open for a divorce back in 07, unbeknownst to me my lawyer was arrested and disbarred for taking clients money from

Holiday, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

I had a case open for a divorce back in 07, unbeknownst to me my lawyer was arrested and disbarred for taking clients money from trust their accounts and spending it on her own personal endeavors. So my question is where do I go from here; I am reluctant to find another lawyer after what has happened, and now that I’m out of thousands of dollars for what should have been an open and shut case I’m at a loss. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

You should contact the Florida Bar at 850-561-5600. Its representatives may be able to provide you with useful information regarding the investigation into the practices of your former attorney and whether his/her actions impacted you. If so, the FL Bar also provides a referral service, which you may want to use to locate an attorney in your area that handles civil suits against attorneys.